Please read the below before attending your next driving lesson
1. Before we leave to collect the client for a lesson we will call or text them and check if they have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days. Your instructor will need to know if the student is isolating or has symptoms or awaiting test result as far in advance as possible.
2. If we know anyone or have been in contact with anyone that is showing symptoms within the last 14 days we will inform the customer in advance, giving as much notice as possible.
3. Our instructors will wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, immediately before leaving the house for the lesson.
4. We will arrange to meet outside the vehicle not at at the front door.
1. Once we arrive to collect our customer we will again assess whether they are well enough to start the lesson. We will not let the student get into the car straight away but have a conversation with them at least 2 metres away and see if we notice any symptoms.
2. We need to be 100% happy with the state of our customer and if we are not we will not start the lesson and explain we need to cancel until they have recovered fully. This will be a pause on lessons for at least 14days following a clear test. We will do this before every lesson you have even if we only saw the pupil the day before.
3. We will make sure then that the student has washed their hands and have hand sanitiser ready for them. If the student wants to wear disposable gloves they have to be fresh ones put on in front of the instructor.
4. Instructors and clients can decide if masks are to be worn. Students should bring their own masks. Instructors may insist on masks being worn especially as masks are obligatory on driving tests. If the client asks the instructor to wear a mask, we will do so.
5. We will explain to the student that we have also just cleaned our hands with hand sanitiser, or soap and water where possible and that both of you should avoid touching your face and hands.
6. We will explain to the student that we will not shake their hand share visual aids, pens etc. with them and will be minimising contact with them for safety.
7. The instructors will let the client know they have sanitised the car after every lesson and asks the client to wipe everything that they could touch before the start of the lesson. This includes door handles in and out, windows and mirrors, mirror controls, seat adjusters, head restraints, seatbelts and their clasps, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, car keys and training resources.
8. We will explain to the student that the windows will be down as much as possible during the lesson to allow for ventilation, and tell them to wrap up warm as it might be cooler in the car
9. Air conditioning will not be used if possible however if it is used we wont set it to recirculate.
10. Before the student gets out the car the instructor and customer will wipe everything down.
11. The customer should wear suitable clothing during the lesson, covering as much skin as possible.
12. Only the student and the instructor will be allowed in the car during lessons.
13. Short, regular breaks outside the car will be taken during each lesson where possible.
These guidelines are constantly on review and follow latest government advice. Additional precautions are required on practical test days. These can be discussed with the instructor.