1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional category B driving licence. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your Instructor. If there are any last minute changes to collection or drop off points this may impact the amount of driving time within the lesson.
4. If your Instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show, your Instructor will wait 10 minutes, if there is no contact made between you and the Instructor, they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your Instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or cheque. Your instructor will advise you to whom the cheque should be made payable.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, Innov8 Driving School will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until the pupil is in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to Innov8 Driving School and to the DVLA medical board.
Should the pupil fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and is likely to be a danger to other road users, or is in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. DVSA guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
8. If you are unsuccessful on your driving test you will be required to take a minimum of 1 hours extra training to make sure you have kept up your skills at least a day before your next attempt.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The Instructor cannot be responsible if you fail the eyesight test. Your Instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
10. No responsibility can be taken by the driving instructor if you break any driving laws while accompanied by your instructor. All fines and points are your responsibility.
11. All Innov8 instructors are self employed and run their own business individually and separately from Innov8. Each instructor books driving lessons individually and Innov8 has no access to these diaries. We also take privacy seriously and any business conducted is between the individual instructor and the student. Any disputes between student and instructor are to be resolved between the individual and the instructor and Innov8 will only act as an intermediary to help resolve any disputes.